Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Scary Record


One of my favorite records growing up was a Power Records/Peter Pan Records LP called, according to the front cover, A Story of Dracula, the Wolfman, and Frankenstein. (On the LP itself the title is listed as A Story of Dracula, Frankenstein, and the Wolfman, while inside the back cover of the LP book it's called A Story of Dracula Werewolf Frankenstein.) Regardless of the proper title, it's a pretty good listen. Basically the story attempts to bring together all the heavy hitters of horror history by interweaving tales about Dracula, Frankenstein's monster, and a werewolf.

Like most kids' records, there aren't any credits for the actors or musicians. Which is sad because I'd like to know who does the voice of Torc.

I thought it might be an enjoyable Halloween listen for you, so download it and give it a spin (15MB Zip file). We actually have this at WXYC, but I digitized this from the copy I listened to as a wee lad.

The illustrations from the book are included as well. Turn the page when you hear the beep!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:17 PM

    Thank you for posting this. It's amazing! I hope my son will think this story is as fun to read and listen to as I did years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:31 PM

    wow! this too was my favorite record as a child. i broke it one day when i was being rough with it , but i loved the story and kept the book now some 30 years later.

    i read it on occasion and could still hear the great audio in my head. i found your blog today on the chance that i might be able to find a copy of the record. it downloaded perfectly into my iTunes folder and sounds great!

    thanks so much for uploading this and making it available to one of its biggest fans!


    Cheers and many thanks!

    ~KellyB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:11 PM

    I too really appreciate you posting this. I had this record as a kid and listened to it a lot. thank you so much after missing this record on ebay..it's a relief to find it here for free..

    ReplyDelete