Thursday, July 29, 2010

Archive.org is my favorite vice.

A lot of my workday is spent on Archive.org, watching and capturing old 16mm educational films much like this Sparkling Gem of a video, featuring a jumpsuit-wearing safety superheroine from space:


Archive.org also has a great audio resource section on their website, chock full of interesting little things to listen to. Here are some of my favorites:
  • The Conet Project: WXYC used to have this compilation, and I played the hell out of it. Creepy recordings of spy / number station broadcasts.
  • Netlabels: "This collection hosts complete, freely downloadable/streamable, often Creative Commons-licensed catalogs of (1500) virtual record labels" such as:
  • Mirakelmusik: For fans of the Maurizio Bianchi single that's been getting a lot of play on WXYC this summer, I've been streaming his Mokushi XVI album all morning.
Have fun committing time theft today !

No comments:

Post a Comment